Tuesday, February 12, 2008

When the Hot and Cold Elements Colide.....

Sigh.... what a way to start the new year with.... FALLING SICK!

You must be wondering what's the connection of falling sick with the title above, well let me tell you what miss smarty-pants here did during the long weekend...

It all began when a friend who invited us to her house for our new year gathering wanted me to make coconut jelly. It's not that I'm complaining having to make it for her; I'm happy to anytime a friend wants something whipped up!

The previous few days I had been stuffing my face with loads of mandarin oranges given to my family from our neighbours and friends. Mandarin oranges are what we call a 'heaty' type of fruit. Plus the weather was being terribly unbearable, one could even fry an egg on a car's bonet without oil and it'll not stick!

Then comes the coconut, a 'cooling' type of fruit and when you put two and two together... the body is unable to comprehend which to do: heat or cool.... lo' and behold arrives the fever and flu! What to do... people like me are unable to resist the thought of a chilled to perfection tray of coconut jelly and a mountain of mandarin oranges.....

So next time folks, beware of the deadly mix of the above... muahahahahahha

No comments: